The ham is the entire lower extremity of the Ibérico pig. Nothing new can be said about this piece when it is salted and cured, however, a whole new world of flavour can be discovered by consuming it fresh. It can be prepared in steaks or whole in truly spectacular roasts.
This product is obtained from the hind legs of the Ibérico breed pigs that are mainly fed a diet of grain and commercial feed.
Individually vacuum packed in food grade plastic bags. Packaged in cardboard boxes of between 5 and 10 kg for shipment.
Organoleptic Characteristics of the Product:
- Colour: Characteristic pale pink colour of fresh meat.
- Smell: Characteristic, fresh.
- Flavour: Characteristic, fresh.
- Texture: Regular, firm to the touch, without ever being heavy or stodgy.
- Refrigerated product: Store at refrigerator temperatures of between 0-5ºC.
- Frozen product: Store at freezer temperatures of between -18ºC and -30ºC.