This piece is located along the backbone. It is one of the most traditional cuts, while in turn it is also once of the most highly valued cuts of the Ibérico pig. Subtle fat marbling can be seen upon cutting, which is what provides it with its particular juiciness and tenderness. It can be prepared in a myriad of ways, with roasting, grilling or barbequing standing out amongst them all.
Individually vacuum packed in food grade plastic bags. Packaged in cardboard boxes of between 5 and 10 kg for shipment.
Organoleptic Characteristics of the Product:
- Colour: Vivid red meat.
- Smell: Characteristic, fresh.
- Flavour: Characteristic, fresh.
- Texture: Regular, firm to the touch, without ever being heavy or stodgy.
- Refrigerated product: Store at refrigerator temperatures of between 0-5ºC.
- Frozen product: Store at freezer temperatures of between -18ºC and -30ºC.